Truck accidents can be more complex than other motor vehicle accidents in Shepherdsville and elsewhere for several reasons. Let us find out why it is important to have an experienced legal representation in the event of a truck accident.
Click here – What Is Loss Of Consortium?
- Firstly, trucks are much larger and heavier than cars, which can result in more severe injuries and damages in the event of an accident. The average commercial truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, while the average passenger car weighs around 4,000 pounds. This means that in a collision, the force of impact is much greater for the smaller vehicle, potentially resulting in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Additionally, commercial trucks are subject to a variety of federal and state regulations that do not apply to passenger vehicles. These regulations cover areas such as truck maintenance, driver qualifications and hours of service, cargo securement, and more. If these regulations are not followed, it can contribute to an accident and make it more complex to determine who is at fault.
A Shepherdsville Truck Accident Lawyer can help you understand which laws and regulations you are subject to in such cases.
- Another factor that can make truck accidents more complex is the number of parties involved. In a typical car accident, there are usually only two parties: the drivers of the vehicles involved. In contrast, truck accidents can involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, the owner of the cargo being transported, and any other drivers or vehicles involved in the accident. Each of these parties may have their own insurance policies, which can complicate the claims process.
- Determining liability in a truck accident can also be difficult. While the driver of the truck may be at fault, there may also be other factors to consider. For example, if the truck was improperly loaded, causing it to tip over, the company responsible for loading the cargo could be held liable. Similarly, if the truck was not properly maintained, the trucking company could be held responsible for any resulting accidents.
- Finally, the injuries sustained in truck accidents can be more severe and long-lasting than those in car accidents. As a result, the medical expenses and damages can be much higher than those from a car accident.
Click here – Should You Hire a Lawyer After Sustaining a Sports-Related Injury?
Truck accidents can be more complex than other motor vehicle accidents in Shepherdsville. Therefore, support and guidance of an experienced attorney is mandatory.